Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Visiting Royal Enfield North America

When the family made plans to drive the 60 miles from Madison to Milwaukee for the day I knew what had to do. I had to take a motorcycle day from the family in the middle of our marathon family holiday and go and visit the newest motorcycle company to call Milwaukee home. Royal Enfield North America. I mean right! I had to check out what sadda Royal Enfield was up to in the US of A that too in the home town Americas favourite Harley Davidson. 

So I gave Breeann (Marketing Manger RE NA) a heads up that she would have to deal with me all afternoon and that I was on my way. The very first thing I saw was a large Royal Enfield logo looming at me and I knew I was in the right place. The store/office/headquarters for Royal Enfield NA is quite sweet. The front is dedicated to the brand displaying all the bikes that they have on sale in the US as well as bits and bobs of gear and merchandise. I walked in and a sales girl walked up and asked if I rode much? I said "a bit". She then asked "have you ever seen/ridden a Royal Enfield?". I couldn't help being a smart ass. I looked around the store and said "Do dog have fleas? I have a few in my garage that you dont have in your store." Sadly that was short lived because she laughed and said "Breeann is expecting you". 

The other part of the building is storage and offices. One half is full of Enfields waiting to be ridden (yes there was a Himalayan) and the other is the boring side where the desks and I am guessing the suits reside. 

The afternoon went in a blur there was talk about Motorcycles, some BBQ pork, some strong beer, Moscow Mules, a shot of Bulleit Whiskey (hey it the holiday season no one was working) a few selfies, more motorcycle talk and many plans to ride when it got warmer (it was -2 C).

Not a bad afternoon!









No comments:

Post a Comment